Wednesday 31 July 2013

Working away from home

It seems Fade felt like a holiday after his little incident the other week, this didn't seem to end like the other one despite the limp he seemed to acquired and can't seem to shake. We popped up in a town called Borris-in-Ossory apparently in Ireland a place very unlike London, so much so I had a little kip whilst we waited for the to begin. We met in a little pub in the city it was a group of runners who wanted to make a deal with his lord almighty, this went as well as you expected. After a couple of pints the runner got up and tried to overstep his mark and try to get more than he was entitled, this unfortunately didn't go down to well with Fade so I was grabbed by the collar to a place called Kerryglass, somewhere on the River Shannon according to Fade it was so foggy you couldn't see the opposite bank. Here amongst the rain and the water he and this Runner fought jumping from boat to boat at the quay, whilst I tired to keep pace with another bloke who must have been at Fade level, or higher must have been a professional boxer before had or something. Well I was walked over this little bridge whilst Fade was walking to the end of the pier, so looking for support I ran towards him as soon as he was at the end of the pier tackling him off the pier as soon as I felt cold water rush under me clothes and through my nose we were landing on the hard tarmac of a road in the country, Fade pulled me up by my collar and got me to attention whilst we waited for retaliation we ignored the middle aged man standing by the pub who must have seen us come out of nowhere. By the time we had taken up positions the other blokes had followed us through and the fight begin again blows being traded and knives being drawn, I barely saw Fade for dust across the fields and his pursuer somehow kept pace with him.

Keeping my mind on the little shit following me I pegged it past the little post office and the GAA club I jumped a rusty gate to try and get a more open area between me and him, but somehow between the brambles and the cows he kept pace and by the time I turned it was no use I was corned by the hedge and the man. I resigned myself to my fate until I felt my nose bleed and the pressure on the world increased, your man stood there almost frozen, not able to move a muscle all I could see a man with a mask with a mischievous grin standing behind him, by the time I blinked he was on the ground.... not moving I had no clue what was going on but I didn't dally.

I found Fade fighting his bloke half a mile down the road trading blows and slashes amounst farm yard machinery and a dog barking his head off. He was on the back foot until I arrived and distracted his opponent from the fight, he turned and Fade went to slash to his throat, he wasn't even able to make a surprised sound by the time he hit the floor. It was only then I noticed Fade had a massive gash on his forearm and forehead, though since he'd just recovered from much worse I don't feel like worrying about him, I cleaned it up and wrapped it and that's all I think it needs, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment