Thursday 13 December 2012

Day 21: The strangest things come in threes

I had another nightmare after seeing Steve, the thing is, it was different to the others because.... it felt like I was awake. It felt like I was actually witnessing what was happening, but I wasn't.... it was also different in another sense.

I was sleeping and I heard ticking again coming from behind the door, I thought to myself this is a dream, there is no ticking, then it moved and divided, again, and again, until my room was filled with a din of simultaneous ticking loud enough I was sure to wake everyone in the house. No one came, I laid in the bed, I waited and waited, then there was silence, I opened my eyes and there was some.... 'Thing' sitting on my chest looking at me like something strange. I screamed and it scuttled back to the floor where I saw more of them, there were cozens of them searching through my drawers, my books, until they all noticed me looking, the ticking became slow and steady. Their eyes.... they were so strange, like sparkling sockets, it was like there were things moving in them. Then in an instant they were gone, they had all scarpered through the crack in the door, then it slammed. To be replaced with the steady ticking, this is when I woke up, my room was in the same order, and the masking tape I had put across the door to see if it actually opened at night was intact.

I saw Steve again after that wanting to discuss this without sounding crazy, it turned out he had a nightmare where he heard Terry's voice and he saw his 'ghost' moving around by his bed, telling him of how he was 'murdered', he also said he heard a faint tick from somewhere. To be honest I just put it down to his over active imagination and our conversation. But I felt that it was strange with both had strange nightmares, both with ticking, things are getting too strange I may have to find out what's happening, am I going mad like terry? Or is there something more sinister lurking in the dark.

I also, reluctantly, told Sarah about this, she listened and told me she had a nightmare as well, the same ticking. The thing is she didn't see little creatures with sparkling eyes, or dead people. She saw a man, about our age, maybe older sitting in her chair with a knife in his hand, he looked dead in his eyes, and she smelt the forest, and heard the ticking.

It must have been connected how could we all have had nightmares, all of had dreams with ticking, teh same bloody ticking which is in my head now.

No comments:

Post a Comment