Sunday 7 April 2013

Ow,ow,ow

All this training is really getting to me, I have had more exercise these past 3 days than I have had in my entire life, but I must have got better since I had to fight for my life the other day. Fade calls them hunted, or runners, people who are victims of the Fears, some of them hunt the, ummmm Fade calls us proxies.... servants. I was out on a routine surveillance mission for Fade, he doesn't seem to do his own work anymore just gets me to do it. Well this was a new runner according to Fade so he wasn't suppose to be a good fighter, but I guess this guy had a grudge with whatever Fear was chasing him and any person associated with them. Well I got a bit lazy and was spotted, the person just ran at me screaming, with what looked like a bat, but it looked crudely made, I dodged it but just letting my body go limp, Fade calls it the possum.

I bravely lied to him feigning ignorance about why he was attacking me.
P: Wait, wait, wait, what are you doing you maniac!
Runner: Die!!
P: Please stop, I haven't done anything to you.
R: That's just what you people would say!
*He runs at me a swings the bat again I raise my arm and felt it rattle, it must have been close to breaking*
P: What people, dude what are you doing.
R: Fight me you shit, you and the fucking fears deserve to die!
P:Fears, what?!You're fucking crazy mate, just let me be, I have a girlfriend, friends... what are you doing?
*I saw the runner's face falter in it's anger*
R: I.... I'm sorry, I .... I'm just being chased by something... please forgive me, just forget about me.
P: Why would I forget I'm gunna call the police, don't be surprised if you end up in prison you little shit!
R: I..... I'm sorry.
* He ran,when he got to the end of the street and got out of sight Fade appeared apparently out of nowhere*
F: Nice lying Pete, but this is no longer a simple intimidation mission.
P: What do you mean?
F: *He started to vanish slowly* Kill boy. *His masked face was the last to fade*

I chased after him, just far enough behind to stop arousing his suspicion, I was going to follow him until he stopped, I saw him turn into an alley, probably to hide from the imaginary police chasing him. I walked casually to the end of the alley so not not make too much noise and make him aware I was there, I took out the knife Fade gave me, I crept up behind him but he must have heard me or something because just at the last moment he turned and brought the bat down on my head. I barely rolled out of the way of his bat, it hit the concrete.

R: So you did lie.
P: Hey I'm a fear servant what do you expect.

He swung at me again but this time I was ready, I got down low to avoid the bat and punched him in the stomach , he reeled back a couple steps but got himself ready before I could follow up he swung the bat as I tried to stab him, he hit me in the wrist , my knife went flying, I held my wrist it was definitely broken. The runner came at me with his fists, I saw the remains of his splintered makeshift bat where he stood a few moments before, I got down ow and tackled him round the waist, I got him on his back, I knelled on his arms to stop his protecting his face, I proceeded to punch him in the face with my one good hand, I got his face quite bloodied before he I got a knee in the back, it sent me sprawling I rolled away, he got up and stumbled over to where my knife had fallen, and came back taking it like I was gonna me some Mayan sacrifice, HE was bringing the knife down when I grabbed the a sharp end of his splintered bat and put it out infront of me, I felt the body fall on it and the pierce and slide of the body. His body slumped and fell to the side and my knife landed right next to my head, I got up and got my head straight when I heard a gasp as the guy wasn't dead yet I just took the heavy end of the bat and bashed his brains in.

After making sure he was dead I heard a cold laugh, I looked about and saw a silhouette of a person lent on a wall, but when I looked again it was gone. I asked Fade later if it was him on the wall, he said no, that he had the utmost confidence I would succeed so he didn't stick around to watch,he did however heal my wrist, can this situation get any weirder.

No comments:

Post a Comment