Thursday 11 April 2013

The Muse's friends

So Fade took me out on a 'relaxing' day as a reward for all my hard work, which I personally thought I deserved especially after all of the injuries, both mental and physical, I have gained in 'the line of duty'. Unfortunately it didn't work out like that, we had some visitors from Fade's life and they didn't exactly stay quite about him.

It was on of the only sunny days we've had this year and so I went out to enjoy the nice weather, Fade even dug up a couple of shorts and shirts so we didn't have to go out in the suits, it was odd seeing Fade so casual, even had sunglasses on. Malice was going to come with us but he says he's allergic to fun so didn't come along, which was fine by me, the guy creeps the fuck out of me. So only me and Fade went to a park close to the, I don't what to call it actually base? Lets go with base. Well after getting a few drink and lighting one of his choking cigarettes we heard someone shout Manic? Fade just ignored it, so did I as I thought it was the best idea to just copy what Fade did, then the voice came closer and said Manic but more cautiously than before.

Voice from behind: Manic, that's you isn't it?

I turned around to see a dark haired man and one that looked like he had recently come back from the brink of death.

Fade: Tom, Grey, leave now.
Dark haired man: We won't we are either going to take you back or kill you so you can stop causing pain to Kat.
Fade: Why do you think I'm doing this Tom.
Tom (I guess): because you're a selfish person who cherishes his own life above those of the people he loves.
Fade: *He finally turns to face them and grabs the Tom bloke by his shirt fronts* I am not selfish, I am doing this for all of you, so leave, now.
Grey ( The other guy): *He says in a weak voice* Manic please stop, we're too tired to fight you, and we really don't want to.
Fade: And that's why you have to leave, you know what I can do and if it means protecting her I will do it.
Tom: And what did you do Manic, you ran away, you joined the Fears and you made Kat suffer, she thought you were dead! Don't you care?
Fade: *Low but angry* Ofcourse I care I did what I did to save her, to save all of you.
Tom: And what did you do, what massive escapade has saved us from the Fears?
Fade: I sacrificed my life for yours, happy, I made it so I could never be happy again, I forfeited the life I had gained from the conductor and gave it to you, on the solitary condition you forget, forget me, forget them, live normal lives. But as always you people are too stubborn for your own good.
Tom: and what about Patrick? What about the little boy who doesn't have his father, why is he left in the middle of your mess, he needs you.
Fade: He doesn't need me, non of you need me, I made sure of that when I left, Grey is no longer a lych, you have lost your apathy, you have Aoife, and Kat..... well she has all of you and Patrick, the only truly good thing I have made, so leave.
Tom: You bastard!Kat is not fine she isn't better without you.
Fade: Yes.... yes she is.

* Apparently out of nowhere Tom punched Fade and sent his sunglasses flying off, Grey looked extremely uncomfortable*

Fade: There is no way I can go home, see.

*Fade pulls Tom towards him so there noses are touching*
Tom: M.... Manic, what's up with your eyes?
Fade: They are my contract, and I'm not Manic anymore, not for a long time, I am Fade.... I am a proxy. So you should leave or die trying to bring me back.
Tom: This isn't over Manic, we will bring you back one way or another.
Fade: *Waits for them to be out of earshot and sadly said* No... no you won't.

P: Why did your eyes freak that guy out?
F: Because they are no longer my eyes.
P: I don't understand.

Fade walks towards me and I see in his eyes what looks like a clock face with arm pointing at either midday, or midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment